Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, May 09, 2016

Rit Dyeing for a Deep Pink Dress

Color Transformation
This dress comes with a bit of backstory.  It's actually a double ReFashion.  Before this dress was a dress the skirt was a white bed sheet from Goodwill.  The bodice was a white duvet from Goodwill.  I used the sheet to make a circle skirt (tutorial here).  I sewed the circle skirt to a simple tube top that I made from an old white duvet.
Deep Pink Dye
Before I made this dress I knew the color that I wanted it to be.  I wasn't entirely sure how I would create a deep dark pink, so I pretty much made up this process as I went along.  Turns out, 1 bottle of liquid fuchsia and 1/2 a box of scarlet did the trick!!

The step by step tutorial on using Rit Dye is on my blog.  

This is NOT a sponsored post. I just happened to use this kind of dye.

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Interesting to mix the dyes to get the right colour

Debbie EOD