Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Saying Goodbye: "Movah's" Day Refash

This Two Piece set was .99 cents.


I focused on the shirt only for this refash. I dyed it with Cherry and Fuchsia RIT dye and took it in a few inches.


Then, I turned it around using the back of the blouse as the front.


I wore this on Mother's Day, which was bittersweet for our family this year. My uncle passed away over the weekend. He was from Maine and had a New England accent. He always spoke fondly of his Mother, his "Movah." The title of my blog is in loving memory of him, obviously :) 

Me and my Movah :)

Uncle Bob was a character! I'm really going to miss him. If you'd like to see my original post with a tribute to him, please click here.

Happy Refashioning in Me-Made-May-16!

~Laura



2 comments:

cfort82 said...

I have never really thought of dying a printed fabric. Your shirt turned out great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

Great color choice.