NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Saying Goodbye: "Movah's" Day Refash

This Two Piece set was .99 cents.


I focused on the shirt only for this refash. I dyed it with Cherry and Fuchsia RIT dye and took it in a few inches.


Then, I turned it around using the back of the blouse as the front.


I wore this on Mother's Day, which was bittersweet for our family this year. My uncle passed away over the weekend. He was from Maine and had a New England accent. He always spoke fondly of his Mother, his "Movah." The title of my blog is in loving memory of him, obviously :) 

Me and my Movah :)

Uncle Bob was a character! I'm really going to miss him. If you'd like to see my original post with a tribute to him, please click here.

Happy Refashioning in Me-Made-May-16!

~Laura



2 comments:

cfortin said...

I have never really thought of dying a printed fabric. Your shirt turned out great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Great color choice.