NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sundress to beach cover-up

I started with this sundress that was just a little shorter and less flattering than I like. It also had broken straps, so rather than repair it, I made it into something I'd been needing for a while: a long-sleeved cover-up for the beach!

Before

I'm modeling a pair of earrings I made from old credit cards;
If you'd like to learn abut that project, here's the story!

After 

It closes with a pair of simple ribbon ties. I made ties at ties at the waist and the neck, so I can wear it open, tied only at the waist (which I think is the best look) or tied at both the waist and neck for maximum sun protection.


I made the sleeves extra long (for maximum sun protection again) but put in some drawstrings to keep the sleeves under control for when I actually need to use my hands!





In retrospect, my process photos are pretty useless, but if you want to have a look at how I did it, head on over to The Unfashionista for the full post!

6 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Love it, really showing great imagination! And so useful!

jennifer elliott said...

That's so awesome! I absolutely love it! Great job!

Chickie Walsh said...

Very pretty.

g.satansbraten said...

Bonus points for practical thinking concerning drawstrings for 'when one needs the hands' = only occasionally if we bring our servants to aid us ;-) :-D

LG, Gerlinde

Carissa said...

Very cute! The perfect use for that lovely gauzy fabric!

-Carissa
EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Great cover up!

-TheRefashStash