Thursday, May 19, 2016

TBT: The Lettuce Leaf Hem

Hey Guys. I absolutely HATED the Day 19 Refashion I did for Me-Made-May '14 :) So, I'm going to share with you a more successful refashion for today's #ThrowbackThursday.


This shirt appears to be perfectly fine as-is; however, it was long. Like, crazy long on me! 


I shortened it by cutting to my desired length. Then, I did a very tight zig zag stitch right on the raw edge. Because the material is stretchy, it creates a curl effect.. also known as "the lettuce leaf."


This is one of my go-to techniques. It's super easy and I use it all the time.


Happy #TBT and Me-Made-May '16


~Laura




3 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

I love it. You made it sound so easy, I am going to try it.

jennifer elliott said...

I love the lettuce leaf effect. Simple process but creates a cute look.

Jennifer, EOD

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

So Smart, i'm totally trying this!