Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

TBT: The Lettuce Leaf Hem

Hey Guys. I absolutely HATED the Day 19 Refashion I did for Me-Made-May '14 :) So, I'm going to share with you a more successful refashion for today's #ThrowbackThursday.

This shirt appears to be perfectly fine as-is; however, it was long. Like, crazy long on me! 

I shortened it by cutting to my desired length. Then, I did a very tight zig zag stitch right on the raw edge. Because the material is stretchy, it creates a curl effect.. also known as "the lettuce leaf."

This is one of my go-to techniques. It's super easy and I use it all the time.

Happy #TBT and Me-Made-May '16



Chickie Walsh said...

I love it. You made it sound so easy, I am going to try it.

jennifer elliott said...

I love the lettuce leaf effect. Simple process but creates a cute look.

Jennifer, EOD

Kathy W. said...

So Smart, i'm totally trying this!