Hello Refashion Co-op. My project today is a quick fix for a shirt that was too big. Well, just a little too big. The armholes are too low. They are revealing way too much. But I like this shirt, so I decided to try and save it.
First of all I knew I had to get rid of the tie in the back. It made me look pregnant. I connected the two pieces and made a belt that went around my whole body. It was more flattering that way.
To fix the armholes, I followed the existing shoulder seams and made a new seam about 1/2 an inch in. I cut off the extra fabric and tried it on.
Here is the new shoulder from the outside. The loose ruffle sleeve hides a multitude of sewing sins and I couldn't have done this with a fitted sleeve.
For more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
Thanks, now go make something fun for yourself.