Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, May 20, 2016

The Shapeless Sack of a Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this shapeless sack of a dress at a thrift store for only $1. It would have been crazy to charge more, it's not very attractive. It was in good shape and a nice light weight for summer.

After some experimenting I settled on denim colored dye. I also shortened the dress and used that cut off fabric to make a simple matching belt. I had the buckle in my sewing stuff just waiting to be used. I think it used to be in my mother's button box. It could be an antique!

I like the color more now and the length is better. The belt really makes it more flattering.

Bad hair day? Just grab a hat!

For more details about how I dyed it twice and pictures go to  I Can Work With That.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


Heidi said...

I love what you did with it and what a fun pic!

Chickie Walsh said...

Oh, thanks Heidi.

Andrea said...

The belt makes all the difference! And the shorter knee length is perfect for you. Great job, and though I liked the original color, I feel this definitely suits you better, so good call!

Andrea EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Love the mew color! Turned out great!