Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Watermelon Refash Part 1

A few weeks ago the husband and I went to see Alton Brown live! Such an awesome experience deserves an equally awesome refash!
  
This is where my before picture would normally be but I do not have one...I was POSITIVE I had one but when I looked through my archives...I discovered that I did not :(
I have been holding onto this dress for the past year just waiting for the perfect opportunity to refash it.
DSCN0425Just imagine this heap of watermelon fabric as a floor length long sleeved dress...Holy Watermelon Batman!
So, it only makes sense to wear food themed clothing to see the culinary genius, Alton Brown!
Said goodbye to the shoulder pads!
DSCN0426I cut my dress 3 inches above the original skirt seam.
DSCN0427I folded over the excess 3 inches to make a casing for some elastic.
DSCN0428Threaded through my elastic using my trusted bodkin!
DSCN0433All ready to go!!!
A peak at the Fox Theater in Detroit:        
Ahhhh it's Alton Brown!!! He's amazing!!!
 
His shirt says "Detroit Vs. Everybody" Right on Alton, Detroit pride!
  
Happy Refashioning!!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

9 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

I love the watermelon, but a floor length dress with shoulder pads sounds like too much. The skirt is cute.

jennifer elliott said...

I love Alton Brown too! My hubby and I saw him last year when he was in Iowa. Fabulous show. Love the refashion. Fun and vibrant!

Heidi said...

Cute skirt and the outfit looks great on you!

cfort82 said...

Cute new skirt. I love the fun print but all over it would be too much.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Unknown said...

Totes adorbs! Love the watermelons :)

TheRefashStash said...

It was such an amazing show! He is so funny!

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you so much :)

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you! I agree the full dress was way too much watermelon!

TheRefashStash said...

Awe thank you :)