NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Easy Lace Refashion

Good Evening Everyone!!  I am so excited -  I've had a dress for years that I've worn one time... I love the dress, but didn't realize until I put in on that the four 18" slits that are equidistant around the skirt would be sooo open and, well... not for me :(
Here's the dress pre-refash, and a couple of pics of the slits.  (just ignore that little bit of black peeking out -- I kinda forgot to take a picture before I even started ;/ )


 
Now it so happens that 5 years ago, I strolled into a fabric shop in NYC and purchased a couple of yards of the most beautiful black lace...  Well, finally after all this time, it occurred to me -- that black lace could fix my dress problem!!!!  So I measured the slits, decided how wide I wanted the inserts to be, and set to cutting out my triangles of lace.  I simply sewed them in place on the inside of the dress, and Voila!!  I can now wear my dress, and I actually think I like it even more!!  Woo Hoo!!!


Knowing me, I might just take it a step further... who knows? :)
Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

The black lace really complements the blue floral pattern. I love the fix. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD