Monday, June 27, 2016

Floral T-Shirt Dress

As summer burns hotter and hotter each day, I find myself in need of more lightweight, breezy dresses to keep as cool as possible. This one started with a $3 damaged dress and a seldom worn tee.

Floral T-Shirt Dress Refashion - BeforeFloral T-Shirt Dress Refashion - Before

I removed the skirt from the dress and cut straight across the shirt a few inches below the button placket. I stuck the right-side-out shirt inside the inside-out skirt, added the elastic I had salvaged from the dress, and serged it all together. Finally, I evened that high-low hemline with a simple trim, serge, press, and stitch.

Floral T-Shirt Dress Refashion - After

I've already worn this a number of times since I made it. Super comfy! I'll be back soon to show you what I did with the top portion of the floral dress, but for more details on today's project, click on over to CarissaKnits!

Floral T-Shirt Dress Refashion - Before & After

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I like the color combination. It came out well!

RePurposeFul said...

I'm with you on dresses being the coolest thing to wear in hot weather. I've done similar things, but not like this -- great job! You've inspired me :)

I Can Work With That said...

Great combo. Love it.

TheRefashStash said...

Cuuuute!!! Those look amazing together!!!
-TheRefashStash

jennifer elliott said...

You're amazing as usual.

Jennifer, EOD