As summer burns hotter and hotter each day, I find myself in need of more lightweight, breezy dresses to keep as cool as possible. This one started with a $3 damaged dress and a seldom worn tee.
I removed the skirt from the dress and cut straight across the shirt a few inches below the button placket. I stuck the right-side-out shirt inside the inside-out skirt, added the elastic I had salvaged from the dress, and serged it all together. Finally, I evened that high-low hemline with a simple trim, serge, press, and stitch.
I've already worn this a number of times since I made it. Super comfy! I'll be back soon to show you what I did with the top portion of the floral dress, but for more details on today's project, click on over to CarissaKnits!