Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Heat N Bond 2.0

This dress caught my eye at the .50 cent sale because of the neat-o design on the top! Other than that the dress is pretty plain.
DSCN0439DSCN0438I came upon this set of fat quarters on sale at Meijer (our local supercenter)
First I ironed on the heat n bond to the wrong side of the fabric and then cut out my designs.
DSCN0455Starting to iron on my cut outs.
DSCN0457Finished detail!
I wore my new dress as a swim suit cover-up on Memorial Day, where we spent the day on the boat with my parents!
DSCN0553Beautifully 87 degrees and sunny!
DSCN0557
DSCN0559Perfect dress for a cover-up!
Phototastic-2016-06-05-19-41-57
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my other refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

6 comments:

Susan Evans said...

Is that Sandy Pond, NY?

Catherine1216 said...

That fix helps the hem line lay nicer, and it looks darling.

cfort82 said...

I love the top of the dress too and Heat n Bond is one of my favorite things. :-) Nice refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

TheRefashStash said...

No, it's Harsens Island, MI :)

TheRefashStash said...

I can't believe I am just now discovering heat n bond, its amazing! And thank you :)

Therese said...

What a great Idea! The decoration on the seam is a sort of repetition of the shapes on the top. Well done!