Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Heat N Bond 2.0

This dress caught my eye at the .50 cent sale because of the neat-o design on the top! Other than that the dress is pretty plain.
DSCN0439DSCN0438I came upon this set of fat quarters on sale at Meijer (our local supercenter)
First I ironed on the heat n bond to the wrong side of the fabric and then cut out my designs.
DSCN0455Starting to iron on my cut outs.
DSCN0457Finished detail!
I wore my new dress as a swim suit cover-up on Memorial Day, where we spent the day on the boat with my parents!
DSCN0553Beautifully 87 degrees and sunny!
DSCN0559Perfect dress for a cover-up!
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my other refashions on my blog:


Susan Evans said...

Is that Sandy Pond, NY?

Catherine1216 said...

That fix helps the hem line lay nicer, and it looks darling.

cfortin said...

I love the top of the dress too and Heat n Bond is one of my favorite things. :-) Nice refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Marisa Glied said...

No, it's Harsens Island, MI :)

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you very much :)

Marisa Glied said...

I can't believe I am just now discovering heat n bond, its amazing! And thank you :)

Therese said...

What a great Idea! The decoration on the seam is a sort of repetition of the shapes on the top. Well done!