Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, June 08, 2016


This dress was supposedly a size medium??
I changed three little things about it to make it fit me:
- The bodice was too long. I shortened it from the shoulders.
- I made two darts in the back.
- I shortened the dress by 8 cm (3,14").

Sometimes a few minor tweaks is all it takes to fix a garment.

Blog post:


g.satansbraten said...

Yep, made all the difference !!!
Btw.: not yet run out of 'undies', dear Saga ;-) ?
(= o.k., I'll throw a punishment shoe in your name after me cheeky critter :-D )
Yet: watching those 'modesty panels'/camisoles underneath used by you rather liberally I have to admit the lesson a muslim 'near mother in law' was showing me with something the like (= different; slightly more covered up dress code) looks actually way better than the 'blank sightseeing-tour/open meat market' - imho.

LG, Gerlinde
btw, special thanks to you since you taught me a fair bit about different appearances due to changes in lengths as well !

Yến Yến said...

very fashtion i like it

thiet ke biet thu

nha xinh

Marisa Glied said...

Much better!


jennifer elliott said...

I love this dress! I love the summery look and pattern of the dress. I'm a little jealous. ;) I forget that darts can make a huge difference when altering a dress or skirt. Thanks for the reminder!

Jennifer, EOD