Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Skirt to waistcoat refashion, with help from shirt and cardigan

This skirt belonged to my daughter, she was going to donate it to charity but with no shame I extracted it from the charity bag for my own use.


It was destined to be a waistcoat but there wasn't much fabric. I deconstructed the skirt and cut out 2 panels for the waistcoat front, lining them with plain white cotton from a shirt in my stash.





The stripes don't line up, that wasn't me, it was like that in the original skirt.

I needed a back piece, a cotton/elastane cardigan in my stash was ideal.


Basically I just cut out the back of the cardi then neatened it up.



There are more details and photos here

Here is the finished waistcoat.





Coming soon : Kimono!

1 comment:

cfort82 said...

Very ingenious refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab