Friday, June 10, 2016

Spanish Vintage Souvenir Scarves Turned Into a New Top! vintagethrifter51

I purchased these vintage travel souvenir scarves a little while ago from Value Village for $4.20 each.  I knew right away when I saw them what I wanted to do with them.  I wanted to make another top.
image
image
Here are the two scarves before...
imageimage
And here is the top after.  I just sewed up the sides of the scarves to where I wanted the sleeve to begin and the same across the shoulders.  I can wear it either front to back or back to front.  I love how the blue edging matches exactly on both scarves.  I also love that they are both bull fighting scarves from Seville, a beautiful city that I have had the great good fortune to visit.  I am not a fan of bull fighting, but I do love the scarves. What do you think of the results?  Cheers and Happy Refashioning, Michele

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I've been hanging on to scarves trying to decide between something like this or coming up with another way of refashioning them...this might help me decide ;) Great use of the scarves!

Andrea EOD

Vix said...

I love it! I've got a stash of souvenir scarves crying out to be made into something cool. Ace! xxx