NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Stained to Dyed

Whew! The last month has been crazy! I've sewn, I've refashioned, but found very little time to take pictures so I could blog my projects. Then I went on a mission trip for a couple weeks, so no sewing happened. Now, I'm back and I'm finding crazy busy to be the new normal so I squeeze in sewing where I can (read: late at night, one day the lack of sleep may catch up with me) Finally though, I have both completed a refashion and gotten pictures of it! So, without farther ado, this shirt.


It was pretty. It fit well. I picked it up on clearance at a local boot store. I rather liked it. It was white (well actually cream, but. . .).  Me and white clothes, that's a bad combination. One should not wear a white shirt if one will be drinking coffee while driving. Yeah, the shirt was a little stained and I had been planning on dying it for a while. I'd bought some blue dye for it, but I never got around to actually dying the shirt. One evening I had some left over green dye from another project, so I figured why not? I like green just as much as blue, so into the pot of dye the shirt went.


And this is how it came out;


The shirt is actually a shade darker than it appears in this picture. Still a light color but all the stains are hidden now so the shirt is wearable again! I'll call that a success!


Check out this refashion on my blog, along with my refashion of a curtain to a hammock, the project the green dye was actually meant for. Until next time,




2 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

Great green color.

jennifer elliott said...

Nice save. Me and white shirts are a very dangerous combination too! More goats are needed in your pics. :)

Jennifer, EOD