Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, June 03, 2016

The Purple Nightshirt Peasant Top

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been working on tops for warm weather and I wanted to make this purple nightshirt into a peasant style top fit for daytime in public.

The nightshirt was very thin and lacey as you can see. I decided to live it with a dark purple T-shirt that had seen better days. It had a big round neckline just like the night shirt. I stitched them together around the neck and the armholes. I cut the sleeves off the T-shirt when I was done sewing.

It was too big and too long. I took it in and shortened it. I also removed the pockets.

The finished shirt is loose and comfortable but not huge and pajama-like. The light purple cotton is barely there, so I hope it will be cool in the heat.

Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to  I Can Work With That.


RePurposeFul said...

Excellent idea! And, it's adorable!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks a lot. :)

g.satansbraten said...

Thanks for this trick, since some of my own bavarian style 'outside worn nighties' I could rescue with the same trick and hence make them a bit more 'solid for underbuilts' (= bra & 'Co.')

LG, Gerlinde

Carissa said...

I would never have guessed that used to be a night shirt. It looks like it was made that way!


Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks so much Carissa!