Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Two Too Small Dresses

Hello Refashion Co-op. I made a little combo dress this weekend. I had two short dresses or maybe they were tunics. Either way, they didn't fit. 

I removed the elastic from the strapless red number. I wouldn't need it.

I pinned it right under the arms of the gray dress. I was going to attach it to the gray dress. I tried very hard to keep the dresses straight and even as I sewed all the way around.

It was still a little short. I used the bottom 3 inches of the gray dress and attached it to the bottom of the red dress to add length and balance out the whole thing. 

Then I did dishes and cleaned the kitchen. haha

Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.


g.satansbraten said...

I like the top AND end addition for a nice 'tie together' - mho only; since 'top loaded versions only' have got their merits as well!

Loving greetings,

Marisa Glied said...

Wow! Those dresses look great together! Such a smart idea!


Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks ladies.

cfortin said...

That turned out really nice.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy!