Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Adding Some Trim

Hello Refashion Co-op. My project today was so simple it might not be a project at all really. I used this lovely trim to make a skirt more wearable.

This skirt is the lower half of an old dress. I cut it off and saved it. It is a great light weight cotton skirt. It was light and breezy in the summer heat. The problem? It was so breezy that I was afraid to wear it sometimes for fear it would blow up in the air.

I added this heavy trim to weigh it down. It added a bit of length but the most important part was the trim helped keep it from being so easy to blow around. I can wear it with out fear.

Happy sewing to all of you, I enjoy all the posts I read here.


Accidental Seamstress said...

That's exactly why I always wear leggings under my skirts! I'm paranoid about it. The trim looks great!

Heidi said...

That is genius. I have thought about extending a dress I have with trim because I feel so exposed in it, even though it is just 2" above my knees. Heavier weight trim sounds like it would be a good way to anchor this dress and a skirt I have. Fantastic idea!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks ladies. I like the leggings idea, but not in the summer. It's so hot and humid where I live in would pass out in the heat. In winter, leggings and boots with a skirt is one of my favorite outfits.

jennifer elliott said...

I think the ribbon adds some cuteness to the skirt. Love it. Great job as usual.

Jennifer, EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Jennifer!