NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Another skirt made bigger

I bought this skirt for £1, I knew it would be a bit small but that could be fixed.




The basic element of the waistband was a nice Indian style tape, which had no stretch, but there were also 2 types of belt loop and skirt lining so I would have to add an insert to make the waist bigger, merely cutting a strip from the top wouldn't do it.

I removed the tape and added it to my stash.


I opened the centre back seam and added 2 inches to the waist with a triangular panel, also adding a new waistband from some stretchy fabric I already had.


This skirt is now a perfect and comfy fit, more details here 

I've worn it a lot, at home and on holiday, because I like the style and colours.








2 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

Great idea!

jennifer elliott said...

Great save. I love the colors and pattern of the skirt. I would wear it all the time too.

Jennifer, EOD