Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 18, 2016

Beige Blah Dress

When I had a second job at Yankee Candle, I was only permitted to wear solid colors in black, white, gray or beige... talk about the most boring dress code ever! That dress code is the SOLE reason I picked up this hand made dress for .99 cents.

I would've passed this by completely but I needed "new" code appropriate tops for my job and I wasn't about to buy at retail price. It actually fit pretty well; the material was comfortable... all I did was cut some length off here and there.

I finished the hems and was done.

Ironically, I ended up really liking this top and wore it all the time (not just for work). Ain't life a kick in the head?

For original post, click here :)


Chickie Walsh said...

It's a great top, huge improvement

Erica Moody said...

Garments like that are always a good buy, especially at $.99. It's a blank canvas! If you hoard a lot of necklaces like I do, a nice beige background is good for showing off a statement piece. In your picture, you let that lovely, long necklace be the star of the outfit!

jennifer elliott said...

I would wear it as a top all the time too. Looks super comfortable but yet chic. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD