Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Black Pants 3.0

Hello Refashion Co-op. It's Chickie here. I had 3 pairs of black pants in my refashion pile and this is the third and last pair. 

I decided to make a skirt and changed the buttons as well. The buttons are a fun and unique kind of waist closure. I really liked it and wanted to emphasize it.

I also liked this sweater with the skirt. The white buttons compliment the circles in the top. I shortened the arms and narrowed the body.

I love that it doesn't need any ironing. Does anyone like to iron? I dread it and I am terrible at it. I avoid it if I can.

For more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
Happy sewing to you.


whatthesew said...

The transformed skirt looks great Contrast buttons are a nice touch.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks whatthesew!

Heidi said...

Those buttons really gave it a different look. I like the whole ensemble!

Vintagethrifter51 said...

Love the new skirt, the buttons really are amazing touches. Great refashion. Cheers, Michele

Stef Weidert said...

I think I have those exact pants in my refashion pile! Great minds think alike I guess! Great job the buttons are amazing!

cfortin said...

Really cute. I like the new buttons alot.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Ladies! i had a lot of fun with this one.