Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Getting legless - pants to skirt!

Snagged a brand new pair of Chico's trousers at the Goodwill $3 sale a few months ago. They were too big and long, but nice fabric, so they went onto the "think about it for a while" shelf.
Finally, I decided to convert them to a skirt - my preferred garment.
First step was to cut the bottom of the legs off to above knee-length. I sewed straight down from the bottom of the fly and the bottom of the "bottom", then cut off the excess. I wanted to keep the zip pockets, so to size the skirt down, I cut through either side of centre front and centre back.. After pinning to fit, I sewed the panels together, and topstitched.

To add length, and some contrast, I used the bottom of a previous skirt re-fashion
Added a couple of buttons from the stash....done! Full post here


whatthesew said...

Great job, I like the frill round the bottom.

RePurposeFul said...

Love it! Looks fabulous on you! The ruffle at the bottom makes it :)

RanchHouse said...

The ruffle brings it out of the "just another" pants to skirt. Too cute!!!

Chickie Walsh said...

I love the trim at the bottom. Great fit on the skirt.

Refashion said...

That's a great refashion. I like the frill especially.

Debbie EOD

Gema Ensenat said...

Lovely fit, great job!

Marisa Glied said...

Cuuuuute! Love that bottom ruffle!