Saturday, July 30, 2016

Linen Look Skirt to Shorts

I found this incredibly soft linen blend skirt at a thrift store and bought it for one reason only: it was a cheap way to get linen fabric.


I had really been wanting a pair of linen shorts, so once I got the skirt home I pulled out a shorts pattern and got to work. It took an awful lot of careful cutting and folding for me to get every pattern piece cut out of the limited amount of fabric the skirt had to offer. Finally, every piece was cut out and I could sew the shorts together!


And sew the shorts together I did! Another cute, comfortable pair of shorts with good sized pockets (a very hard combination for me to find in ready made shorts), and they only cost me $3.50 to make (minus the cost of the pattern). You won't hear any complaints from me!

To find out more about these shorts, and the shirt I made to go with them, check out my original blog post.




2 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

it looks great! very retro, I love this style

I Can Work With That said...

Those are great shorts. And linen is so nice in the heat. Nice job.
Chickie EOD