The roomie and I scored these adorable B&W striped dresses on clearance at WalMart for $3! Wow! Lucky for us they had both our sizes....so we could be twinzies!
Pretty cute cotton dress all by itself but you already know I can't leave something as is! My plan was to incorporate this beautiful silk scarf somehow...
Razorbacks are all the rage during the summer so to create that look on my dress I pulled back the straps and secured it with a black ribbon. I tied 2 knots in the ribbon and then used liquid stitch to secure it to the dress fabric.
I also found this black bow at WalMart for $1 and used the liquid stich again to glue it onto my dress.
I added these B&W buttons to the front of my dress kind of like a broach.
Now for that silk scarf
I used heat n bond on the scarf and cut out the floral part and ironed it onto my dress. I was pleasantly surprised that the heat n bond did not make the cutout stiff like all the other cotton cutouts I've done before.
Now that my new dress was completed the 3 roomies ventured down to the Toledo Zoo on a beautiful sunny day!
Us and our new $3 dresses!
The roomie decorated her dress by sewing on a series of buttons! It also turned out totally cute!
We worked up an appetite after all the walking around at the zoo! So we stopped in at Maumee Bay Brewing Co. for some yummy beers and eats!
Follow me on my blog at http://therefashstash.wordpress.com