Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Seersucker Shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. My project today was an old shirt that belonged my husband. He put it in the give away pile and I grabbed it. It is nice white and light blue seersucker. I made a simple halter strap top with simple straps that tie behind my neck..

It was a basic button down shirt that I got from my husband's give away pile.

I cut away a lot and used the ends of the sleeves as straps. (I think this looks like a dissection. Gross.)

It was great for a very hot day of sight seeing. I was at Harper's Ferry and it was so hot I went in the river as you can see in the first picture.

For more pictures and details about this top and the bra I altered to wear with it go to


Accidental Seamstress said...

Bra altering... that's tricky business. Go you! The shirt's cute too, by the way :)

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Accidental, It was pretty basic but I wish I had thought of it before.

cfortin said...

Cute new top. I should do that with some of my hubbies old shirts.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

You should, he'll never miss them Cindy.