NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Vintage top with lace insert

I bought this top for £4, it's from the early 1980's.


The fabric was a silky polyester with a subtle swirly pattern.  The fit was not too bad but a little tight on the bust and a bit long.

I had bought it with this refashion in mind.

I undid the side seams and added a lace insert.  The fabric was the type that frays a lot so I added a small hem to the side seams first.


Finally I cut about 2 inches from the bottom and re-hemmed to make it shorter.

More details and photos, and a bonus feature here






4 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

VERY nice! Looks great, and classy!

jennifer elliott said...

I agree with RePurposeFul! The refashion looks amazing. I love love love the simple insert. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

I love that trim. It looks perfect.

Gema Ensenat said...

So pretty!!