Monday, August 15, 2016

A Duvet Cover To Dress Refashion!!

So I bought this duvet cover a while ago for only $2.80 with a coupon and have been mulling over how to refashion it.
image
I quite like the pattern and colours so it was just a matter of figuring out where to go with it.
image
I didn't want to just do the usual t-shirt style dress so I used this dress as my guide.  Then I just cut it out and sewed it up.  I hemmed and hawed about whether to put pockets, but it made my already wide hips look even wider when I put the pockets in, so I just sewed them closed and trimmed them off.
image
Here is the hem with the button holes from the bottom closure of the comforter cover still visible.
image
Here is the final dress.  I decided not to make a waistband as it interrupted the pattern of the fabric.  What do you think?  It is very cool and comfortable and I am quite happy with it.  My husband says it looks like a "Hausfrau" dress but I like it anyways.  It will get lots of wear in what is left of the summer.  Cheers, Michele. Check out my blog Here!

5 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

I like it too! It looks so cool and comfy :) Great idea!

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Great job! Love the fabric!

I Can Work With That said...

The design is really cool. Nice dress project.

jennifer elliott said...

I love the design of the fabric -- so vintage. Good job.

Jennifer, EOD

TheRefashStash said...

That print is so awesome! I love it!

-TheRefashStash