Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Jeanius 50's Wrap Crop Top

Since The Refashioners 2016, theme Jeanius, began at the beginning of the month I've really been wanting to make myself a shirt out of a pair of jeans, but I had some reservations. Finally this weekend I decided "the heck with it!" and made myself a shirt out of a pair of jeans.

I started with these, the least jean-like jeans in my stash. They were in perfectly good shape, my mom passed them on to me a couple years ago, but they weren't really my style, so a shirt they would become!

I turned the jeans into a 50's inspired crop top by loosely following this tutorial. Despite never thinking I'd wear a crop top, and not being entirely sure I'd like a shirt made out of an old pair of jeans, I love the finished product!

To see exactly how the jeans became the wrap crop top, check out my blog post!


Marisa Glied said...

OMG! That is amazing!!!!!


jennifer elliott said...

You look great! I love the shirt! Amazing!

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. As soon as I saw the shirt, I recognized it from Pinterest and thought I could do some variation of it. Looks great.

Alyssa Wesselmann said...

Thanks guys!

Catherine1216 said...

This is so cute.

Chickie Walsh said...

That is so cute!

Heidi said...


cfortin said...

Really cute top.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab