NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A Jeanius Dress For My Sister

So, I've made a third item for The Refashioners 2016. With the amount of old jeans I have more jeanius refashions were definitely an order. So I put my thinking cap on and decided my sister needed something made out of old jeans.


I began with 3 pairs of jeans, two medium colored pair and one darker pair, and Simplicity 1133. First things first, I modified the pattern, turning it into panels that would fit on the jeans legs. Then I cut into my jeans.


I sewed the panels together, bound the edges, added one of the original jean pockets, embroidered a large flower using the satin stitch on my sewing machine, and called it a dress!



My sister loves it! She's worn in 4 times already and I just finished it less than a week ago. Check out my blog post for the full story of the making of this dress, and lots more pictures!



Alyssa,



3 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Awesome! It is adorable :)

Chickie Walsh said...

Great dress, love it.

cfortin said...

Such a cute dress and very interesting use of the jeans.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab