I started with this pair of jeans. They were actually quite nice jeans, but I got them for around a dollar so I don't feel that bad about turning them into shorts. If you care to see my inspiration shorts you can find them here.
I simply chopped them off to a long Bermuda length so I can give them a nice cuff, and after cutting the length I started distressing. Now I know most of us spend quite a bit of time mending holes like this, trust me I have patched my fair share! Ever since I made the doily blouse I have been wanting a nice pair of dark wash distressed shorts to pair with it. After working with them a while I realized with a cuff they were going to be a bit snug around my thigh which is the exact opposite of what my inspiration was. So I did as I almost always do and I added a modified gusset.
Adding a triangle to the side could look quite unusual, but I think with the distressing it doesn't look that odd. To keep the cuff neat I tacked it down using the existing seams.
If you would like to know more about this refashion check out my blog! I am quite happy with how they turned out and I am rather excited to wear them! I have one more refashion to post before my vacation! Stay tuned it may be my favorite!
As always till next time stay creative!