NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Easy summer wear


I liked the patten and the fabric, which is 100% cotton. But I am not sure if I would want to wear such a long skirt during this hot summer weather, this easy makeover is very simple, everyone can try as long as you have a sewing machine.
First, cute the length you prefer, I cut it 2 inches above my knees, which left about 12" to make ruffs on the buttom.
IMG_4592
How to lock the loose edge without a serger? I used #30 on the swing machine to enclosed the loose edge, and it worked.
IMG_4602   IMG_4603
I also wanted to tighten the circle below the bust, so I had to sew a narrow strip from the inside and hand-sew two button holes on the front to allow a thin rope to go through.
IMG_4608 IMG_4610
Now that was easy and super fast. We just completed a cool summer dress. Please click here for more designs and subscribe to my newsletter to receive many more re-fashion ideas every week!

IMG_4687

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love fun flirty dresses in the summer. I'm with you -- not a big fan of the long dresses during the summer. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD

P.S. When creating a post, please add your username -- Super Leaf -- in the label area (right side). That way the site can show just your refashions when someone clicks on Super Leaf. Thanks. Questions? Shoot me an email. Thanks.

leaf said...

Thanks, I really like this one, I wear it the most of time.