Wednesday, August 31, 2016

End of Summer Dress

I do this every year. All the sudden I find myself getting ready to go back to school and do the autumn thing (love fall clothes) and I go, "Wait! I've got summer clothes to share! Nautical stuff, which by law cannot be worn past Labor Day."
I have a thing for this boat stuff.
I guess I didn't feel like trying it on. It's a rather unremarkable dress, but I somehow stumbled upon the same one on Etsy while researching items by Lanz Originals. So, it was made by a cool vintage dress company, fancy that. Got iy last winter and put it away until July when I decided to do something with it.
I pulled this slightly cheesy little costume from the dusty old Goodwill bins only to read the label and learn that it should never be washed/dry cleaned/or sprayed with Lysol under any circumstances. I rescued the anchor applique for this project.
I did some things. Let's just look at it.
Took off the little sleeves, sexified the neckline, made sash from hem, added anchor. Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me.
There's lots more to see in the full post on my blog Craft, Thrift, or Die!


3 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

Very cute, great nautical look.

jennifer elliott said...

Very nice. The anchor really complements the dress. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD

Catherine1216 said...

Love the change to the neckline - much more flattering.