Saturday, August 06, 2016

Refashion Runway VELVET!

Hi Everyone!


Velvet? I have to say that I have NEVER used it or worn it before. When I was asked to participate in this Season of Refashion Runway , I had to think about what kind of velvet I would wear. I never refashion anything that I don't actually wear as it would just take up space in my life. It had to be functional. I found this great velvet dress at Goodwill but it was a 1X and way too matronly!. BUT, I could picture it as a cocktail top for a holiday party worn with jeans. I don't have the lifestyle to wear formal dresses, so this is what it had to be! Below you can see the before and after!  Click on the link above to vote for your favorite.  (hopefully me! :)  Love and Happy Refashioning to you all...Mary

 

2 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

Wow, I love the dressy top instead of a dress. It looks great. Very nice!
Chickie EOD

leaf said...

Well done, you look beautiful in it!