I loved the gradient green colours of this velvet dress, but the dress was way too small for me. I couldn't even get it on for a before picture.
I considered several options for this dress, but finally decided to go with a classic: I remade it into a skirt. Since the skirt of the dress became wider towards the bottom, there was room for making a skirt that would fit me.
The dress had a side zipper. I opened the zipper, so could be used in the final skirt. And cut.
I finished the upper edge and made two darts in the back of the skirt for at better fit.
The skirt reminds me of a dancing skirt. An attempt at action photo with my son as the photographer.
While I was at it, I also refashioned this little velvet thing: An 80s blouse with the most amazing sleeves: Shoulder pads, pleats, puff and buttons.
Goodbye shoulder pads and goodbye sleeves.
I also made breats darts for a better fit, made the arm holes smaller, and shortened the top 4 cm (app. 1 1/2").
I can tell that this will be a favourite for work.