Saturday, August 20, 2016

Summer lovin' had me a blast!


It's been a while, but I promise you fashionistas I've been sew busy! At the beginning of summer I have a favorite refashion that I've worn for 2 summers. Exhibit A
So I decided to copy cat it... First attempt was t shirt & 1/2 yard extra material? I cut the tshirt to match a tank. It had a stain so I covered up the stain with an iron on. Added a 1/2 yard of material
To the bottom. Ta-dah
I was pleased but I wanted more. So I decided to try it with a tank top & extra material . The first dress with the black tank has a longer skirt. Second one I used 1/2 a yard of material.  measured from my top of my shoulder down to where I wanted the tank to fall. Cut off the bottom of the tank. Mine was 24 inches. I left a half inch seam on the tank & cut off the bottom of the tank at 24 1/2 in...  & added the skirt(sewing up The side of the skirt of course). The trick is stretching the ribbed tank to match up with the material.

Love this one!

Another one. I was so pleased, I made more. Plus others are waiting to be sewn for friends!


1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

I love the style and I like that you made several for yourself. Great job.
Chickie EOD