NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Summer lovin' had me a blast!


It's been a while, but I promise you fashionistas I've been sew busy! At the beginning of summer I have a favorite refashion that I've worn for 2 summers. Exhibit A
So I decided to copy cat it... First attempt was t shirt & 1/2 yard extra material? I cut the tshirt to match a tank. It had a stain so I covered up the stain with an iron on. Added a 1/2 yard of material
To the bottom. Ta-dah
I was pleased but I wanted more. So I decided to try it with a tank top & extra material . The first dress with the black tank has a longer skirt. Second one I used 1/2 a yard of material.  measured from my top of my shoulder down to where I wanted the tank to fall. Cut off the bottom of the tank. Mine was 24 inches. I left a half inch seam on the tank & cut off the bottom of the tank at 24 1/2 in...  & added the skirt(sewing up The side of the skirt of course). The trick is stretching the ribbed tank to match up with the material.

Love this one!

Another one. I was so pleased, I made more. Plus others are waiting to be sewn for friends!


1 comment:

Chickie Walsh said...

I love the style and I like that you made several for yourself. Great job.
Chickie EOD