Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Mellow Yellow Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. How is everyone today? I don't know the weather where you are but it is HOT where I live. All I want to wear is a cool dress. I had this plaid shirt. It is a XXL. And I had this ladies tank. The colors matched so I put them together. I don't have any yellow clothes, so this was a nice project.


I cut off the arms and shoulders and used the body for my skirt. It is bigger than the tank so I will gather the fabric together as I sew it to the tank top.


I stitched the center of the shirt closed. I had to dodge the buttons. I didn't remove them. I left them in place. I just didn't know if they would gape open when I wore it as a dress. Better safe than sorry, I sewed them up.


Here is my finished dress. It is comfortable and easy to wear. The yellow is very cheerful too. 


Thanks for reading, for more details go to I Can Work With That.

7 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

That looks really lovely. Nice job.

Jennifer, EOD

RePurposeFul said...

I've done similar things, but I really like this idea! Looks so cool and comfy, I'm going to try it :) Thanks!

Unknown said...

Very cute. I'm all about a good plaid :)

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! 😃

Amy Jo said...

What a great dress!

TheRefashStash said...

Oh I just love this! It's totally adorable!!

-TheRefashStash

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments. They are very encouraging. :)