NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Mellow Yellow Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. How is everyone today? I don't know the weather where you are but it is HOT where I live. All I want to wear is a cool dress. I had this plaid shirt. It is a XXL. And I had this ladies tank. The colors matched so I put them together. I don't have any yellow clothes, so this was a nice project.


I cut off the arms and shoulders and used the body for my skirt. It is bigger than the tank so I will gather the fabric together as I sew it to the tank top.


I stitched the center of the shirt closed. I had to dodge the buttons. I didn't remove them. I left them in place. I just didn't know if they would gape open when I wore it as a dress. Better safe than sorry, I sewed them up.


Here is my finished dress. It is comfortable and easy to wear. The yellow is very cheerful too. 


Thanks for reading, for more details go to I Can Work With That.

7 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

That looks really lovely. Nice job.

Jennifer, EOD

RePurposeFul said...

I've done similar things, but I really like this idea! Looks so cool and comfy, I'm going to try it :) Thanks!

Accidental Seamstress said...

Very cute. I'm all about a good plaid :)

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks! 😃

Amy Jo said...

What a great dress!

Marisa Glied said...

Oh I just love this! It's totally adorable!!

-TheRefashStash

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks for the comments. They are very encouraging. :)