Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

The Striped Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I loved this dress. I loved the stripes and yellow band on the bottom. As you can see it was too big through the chest. (Way to big.)

It was a simple fix. I took in each side a bit and it changed the fit of the whole dress for the better. The arm holes closed up like I needed and the whole upper half fit nicely.

I also decided to do something with this nightgown. It is a full-coverage nightgown, if you know what I mean. (Head to toe, Victorian era coverage.) I found it at a clothes swap and even though I don't like nightgowns, I loved the eyelet lace. 

I made a pillow case out of the skirt and a bit of the bodice. I like the eyelet on bedding much better than I liked that nightgown.

For more pictures and details about both of these projects go to I Can Work With That.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


jennifer elliott said...

Nice save on the nightgown, turning it into a pillowcase. The fixes really helped the dress, and I love the big color block at the bottom of the dress. So pretty.

Jennifer, EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Jennifer. :)