Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 05, 2016

Cutie Fruity

Hello everyone!
This is part two of my shorts refashion! So I'll just jump right into it! I started with these basic pair of shorts that o got from the thrift store. I like the colorful stitching and had recently gotten some fruit stencils at a thrift store for 25¢ and then she gave me 20% off my entire order (Yay for Military Monday's!)

I cut off the original hem and rolled them and tacked it into place. I've been wanting to use the fruit stencils for a while so I figured why not with this pair of shorts! I taped my stencils in place, painted multiple layers and finished the edges with sharpie. I like the finished look it gave them. I should have used puffy paint but I didn't have black in my stash and didn't want to run out to the store:)
I then did the opposite back pocket as well and I was good to go! I paired it with a tan shirt and a yellow belt! Sorry the picture is blurry
Thanks for looking! If you want to see more step by step photos and more refashions head on over to my Blog


Refashion said...

The shorts look very cute now.

Debbie EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

Very cute and all your own.