Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Long Sleeves to No Sleeves

 I have a fascination with decorative collars on button down shirts. However, most come with long sleevs and I have no use for long sleeves. I prefer no sleeves and a cardigan if the weather is cold. So this is where my inspiration for todays refashion comes from!
I found this adorable coral shirt with rhinestone bling on the collar for .50 cents!
So blingy!!
I removed the sleeves and rolled over the material at the armholes to give it a finished look.
I was so excited for my new top I decided to wear to a dental hygiene seminar that the hubby and I were attending.
But to make my shirt professional I decided to pair it with a skirt I had from a skirt suit. The skirt was a too long for my short legs so I hemmed it by 4 1/2 inches.
I also had to hem the lining of my skirt.
This also looks super cute with a pair of jeans for a casual look!

Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog:

1 comment:

Chickie Walsh said...

I love the bling! It turned out very pretty, sleeveless can be very handy.
Chickie EOD