NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Summer dress for summer september

After a wet and rather cold summer we have beautiful summer weather when we usually have autumn weather. So I still work in summer dresses.

I bought this dress for the beautiful fabric. I didn't like the boat neck or the back design.

So I remade the dress.
I cut a slit in the front and stitched the fashion fabric and the lining together.

I closed the "hole" in the back using the fabric from the ties.






7 comments:

whatthesew said...

Nice changes.

Vintagethrifter51 said...

Beautiful refashion. Love the fabric. Cheers, Michele

Carissa said...

The fabric is beautiful, and you did a wonderful job with the alterations. It looks like it was always like that.

-Carissa
EOD

Samwise W. said...

Very pretty! I love it!

kitblu said...

I have never seen a dress with a back like this original. I can't imagine what they were thinking. I wonder if it was ever worn that way. Several of my thrift finds seem to brand new. You did a marvellous job. The dress is quite smart now.

Saga said...

Thank you for the ompliments.
@kitblu: I bought it from new. Extra extra discounted for 40 DKK (about 6 USD).
My guess is that it hadn't been popular as it was, no wonder.

Marisa Glied said...

Nicely done!

-TheRefashStash