Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

TBT: All About The Town Top

I have a slight obsession with (well, several things actually...) cold-shoulder details. If I can say this, I like my shoulders. That's a random body part to be fond of but it's one of the few body parts of mine I don't nit-pick to death. So, I actually enjoy showing them off a little bit... Anyhoo, I found this top at a Garage Sale a few Summers ago and immediately envisioned a cold-shoulder top.

I took it in a few inches on each side (lining and everything) and seam ripped out the flutter sleeves. 

I re-added the sleeves in a cold-shoulder effect and a fairly simple Summer top was born.

For my full tutorial click here. Happy Refashioning and Happy Throw Back Thursday!



Valerie said...

Looks really nice!

I myself have rather large shoulders which don't fit in a lot of the shirts that otherwise fit perfectly. I wonder if I could try this treatment on a few of them. Thanks for the inspiration!

RePurposeFul said...

It looks fabulous! I just love the idea, thanks!

Chickie Walsh said...

Very nice! It came out so beautiful.

Heidi said...

I like how that came out!

jennifer elliott said...

Looks fabulous! Great job!

Jennifer, EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Look so pretty on you!!