Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

The White Lace Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. This recent skirt project only took a few minutes and it covered the poison ivy on my leg. 
This kirt was too big but I really liked it. I needed to take it in a bit but the lace was so open, I wasn't sure where to start.

It had an under layer to keep it from being too sheer. I needed to stabilize the lace with something so I decided to use the under skirt.

I made sure the two skirts were smooth and then made a new side seam about 1 1/2 inches inside the new seam. Would this look strange and would the two skirts be joined in a bunched up way?

Well, I thought they looked fine. The outer lace layer is so full it still looks great. 

As I said this was a quick fix for this skirt and I was able to wear it right away.
I love quick and simple fixes!
For more pictures and details you can go to I Can Work With That


Accidental Seamstress said...

I'm obsessed with lace. This is GORGEOUS!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks so much Accidental Seamstress.

RanchHouse said...

Great save. This should go anywhere anytime.

jennifer elliott said...

Nice job! I love lace too!

Jennifer, EOD