Thursday, September 15, 2016

The White Lace Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. This recent skirt project only took a few minutes and it covered the poison ivy on my leg. 
This kirt was too big but I really liked it. I needed to take it in a bit but the lace was so open, I wasn't sure where to start.

It had an under layer to keep it from being too sheer. I needed to stabilize the lace with something so I decided to use the under skirt.


I made sure the two skirts were smooth and then made a new side seam about 1 1/2 inches inside the new seam. Would this look strange and would the two skirts be joined in a bunched up way?


Well, I thought they looked fine. The outer lace layer is so full it still looks great. 


As I said this was a quick fix for this skirt and I was able to wear it right away.
I love quick and simple fixes!
For more pictures and details you can go to I Can Work With That
.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed with lace. This is GORGEOUS!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much Accidental Seamstress.

RanchHouse said...

Great save. This should go anywhere anytime.

jennifer elliott said...

Nice job! I love lace too!

Jennifer, EOD