Friday, September 09, 2016

Torn, too-small dress into skirt



Too small!
My four year old daughter looked sooooo sad when she realized that her favourite dress was too small (and was also coming apart at the neckline), so I made it into a skirt for her. It might have been a bit cuter if it were shorter, but she likes long skirts, so I kept as much of the original fabric as possible, and then added a bit to create the casing for an elastic waistband.
Top-chopped


I think she likes it.
Bonus! It fits both of them.

Thanks for reading, 
Amy

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

So cute! Who is willing to argue with a 4-year-old over the preferred length of a skirt? Definitely not me. :) Great save, and I'm sure daughter is quite happy with the save too!

Jennifer, EOD

Unknown said...

Great job! Your girls are tooooo cute!!!

I Can Work With That said...

If the kids are smiling, you know it is good refashion. Super cute.
Chickie

Jean said...

And since it's longer it will fit longer.... maybe?