I put vilene on the hoop and put glue in place and then basted the fabric/top in place. I used a 'Flores' motif from Urban Threads. The middle motif is slightly off balance, but in all it turned out fine..... so including oodles of mistakes including,
- I should have marked out the design on the vilene
- the re-spooling of the indian embroidery thread was a good idea but it is still crap thread
- the blue usb key should not be used as it stopped working half-way through the third embroidery
- noting the stitch count is always a good idea (when having to turn machine on and off when usb gave up)
I did also find out a free way to do basic edits (edited out birds in design), so as learning curves go, this one was easy enough, and on the up-side, at least the velvet fabric is a woven!