After snipping and ripping two pairs of thrifted jeans, I realized I wasn't going to be able to create a piece of fabric to fit around my hips with all the seam allowances taken into account.
I rifled through my refashioning heap, and found a skinny pair (unfortunately), then took a peak in my son's thrift store donation bag - bingo, 1 more pair!
I stitched a panel of stripes, and liked it, but I was still sold on plaid. So, I made another panel adding the horizontal strips - it wasn't exactly what I wanted....hmmm, time for some thinking nutrition (strong coffee and a mini Bounty)....it morphed into a wavy plaid.
The top edge was finished off with a scrap of the lightest weight jeans, and I added metal buttons (from my stash) on the side, and one pocket on the back.
Nearly done, except it's a little too short for me. I did the last few rips, and managed to get 4 panels to use as a hem border, fraying out the bottom.
Find my other entries for therefashioners2016 here.