Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Fruit Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I hope you are all well. I found this gorgeous gem of a dress and thought it would be a fun refashion. It didn't need drastic re-sizing but the print was a bit overwhelming. From a distance it looks like little polka dots, but look closer......

It's fruit, and LOTS of it. Was it too much fruit?

I removed the shoulder pads and the sleeves. I also shortened it quite a bit. 

I was so happily surprised at how much the dress improved. I really liked it and wore it to an church anniversary dinner.

Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details you can go to I Can Work With That..


Heidi said...

That is CUTE.!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Heidi!!!

cfortin said...


Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy!

Accidental Seamstress said...

I'm in love with that print!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Accidental Seamstress! I liked it better after, the floor length was a bit much.

Marisa Glied said...

Nice refashion! Love love love that print!