Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Fruit Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I hope you are all well. I found this gorgeous gem of a dress and thought it would be a fun refashion. It didn't need drastic re-sizing but the print was a bit overwhelming. From a distance it looks like little polka dots, but look closer......


It's fruit, and LOTS of it. Was it too much fruit?


I removed the shoulder pads and the sleeves. I also shortened it quite a bit. 


I was so happily surprised at how much the dress improved. I really liked it and wore it to an church anniversary dinner.


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details you can go to I Can Work With That..

7 comments:

Heidi said...

That is CUTE.!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Heidi!!!

cfort82 said...

Super!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Cindy!

Unknown said...

I'm in love with that print!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Accidental Seamstress! I liked it better after, the floor length was a bit much.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

Nice refashion! Love love love that print!

-TheRefashStash