Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Jail Stripes Shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I called this "The Jail Stripes Shirt" because my teen so took the before picture and said I looked like an escaped prisoner. (Thanks Son!)  Anyway, my sister-in-law gave me this shirt. It was cute and liked the loose fit but the arms were too long. I was considering a dye job for it and my son's comment made me sure it was a good idea to change the colors of this shirt.

I also found these skinny jeans for $3 on the clearance rack. They needed to be a little shorter but I liked how they looked with the shirt.

Here is the shirt after a dye bath. I used a bottle of green dye and a bottle of blue. I love how it turned out. (So did my daughter so it wound up in her closet.) I made it short sleeves and cut off the cuffs because they were pretty big and I thought I could make something out of them. A case for my sunglasses maybe? 
I also folded the shirt in and made a casing. I ran elastic through it to define the waist a little.

Here are the jeans. I just cut them off and rolled them into a small cuff. I put a few small stitches in the cuff to keep it from shifting and coming undone.

I was digging the shirt and the jeans. 

Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.


cfortin said...

I am always impressed with your refashions.

Cindy- EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Heidi said...

Steal the shirt back from your daughter. So cute together!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Ladies, I am considering reclaiming it. hahaha