Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Jail Stripes Shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I called this "The Jail Stripes Shirt" because my teen so took the before picture and said I looked like an escaped prisoner. (Thanks Son!)  Anyway, my sister-in-law gave me this shirt. It was cute and liked the loose fit but the arms were too long. I was considering a dye job for it and my son's comment made me sure it was a good idea to change the colors of this shirt.


I also found these skinny jeans for $3 on the clearance rack. They needed to be a little shorter but I liked how they looked with the shirt.


Here is the shirt after a dye bath. I used a bottle of green dye and a bottle of blue. I love how it turned out. (So did my daughter so it wound up in her closet.) I made it short sleeves and cut off the cuffs because they were pretty big and I thought I could make something out of them. A case for my sunglasses maybe? 
I also folded the shirt in and made a casing. I ran elastic through it to define the waist a little.


Here are the jeans. I just cut them off and rolled them into a small cuff. I put a few small stitches in the cuff to keep it from shifting and coming undone.


I was digging the shirt and the jeans. 


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

4 comments:

cfort82 said...

I am always impressed with your refashions.

Cindy- EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Heidi said...

Steal the shirt back from your daughter. So cute together!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Ladies, I am considering reclaiming it. hahaha

I Can Work With That said...

Update - I got the shirt back. haha
Chickie