Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

The White and Blue China Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this dress at a clothes swap and took it because I love blue and white together. It reminded me of china dishes.
 I liked the contrasting blue trim too. I didn't realize how big it was until I got home. It was a bit difficult to resize so I went with a simple idea. The material was in great shape but it was so stretchy. it was hard to control while I was sewing. It kept wanting to stretch itself out and get uneven.

I used a dress I liked as a size guide and made a new dress with straight sides. I left the length as it was. I didn't want to cut off any of the pretty blue trim.

I didn't add an elastic waistband, I just used a belt to cinch on the waist. It is very soft and comfortable. Like a long dressy T-shirt.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.
For more details go to I Can Work With That.


Sandy said...

It looks very pretty, too. Well done.
Pretty and comfortable don't always come together. ;-)
Sandy in the UK

fabrichoarder said...

Looks great!

whatthesew said...

Lovely transformation. The border was worth saving.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Sandy, fabrichoarder, and whatthesew. I love those names too.

cfortin said...

Fantastic! What a great refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy!

Marisa Glied said...

That looks like a different dress! Wow! Great job!