Thursday, October 06, 2016

Vintage and Modern Patterns Combined

Hello, HoffiCoffi here.

I purchased this pair of curtains from a charity shop for £5 a while ago, and they have been waiting until the perfect project came up, which I think I have found in this dress.

I made it by combining a vintage and a modern pattern. 

The vintage pattern was Maudella 5676, which I bought in a bundle of patterns from Ebay - probably paying about £1 per pattern. 

And Cynthia Rowley K1873 for Simplicity, which is the modern pattern.  I got this pattern with a magazine.

The skirt and sleeves are the Cynthia Rowley pattern.  The starting point for the bodice was the Maudella, with a few amendments so that it came down to my waistline.

I am loving the details on this dress.  My favourite part are the sleeves - which are from the Simplicity pattern.

All in this dress cost me about £14 - if you include the price of the magazine I bought that provided the Simplicity pattern - which I can read in my new dress! :)

More details are on my blog:


Accidental Seamstress said...

Very cute! I love the fabric!

Marisa Glied said...

That dress is darling!! Beautiful fabric!


jennifer elliott said...

Beautiful dress! Nice job!

Jennifer EOD

Agitated in Auckland said...

That fabric is gorgeous! Brilliant use of curtains.