This old skirt has been kicking around my closet for years, and I have two others very much like it, so I decided to give it the old chop-choppy, since my little one decided at the last minute to copy her older sister's costume and I only had one witchy-looking cape (but luckily two hats!) The rest of the outfit you see here is just her going through the laundry and playing dress-up, not the ensemble costume, but you can see what the cape turned out like anyway ;)
I used a bit of scrap fabric to make the hood, and just added ties made out of T-shirt yarn to fasten at the collar. Luckily the skirt was already the perfect cape length and the fit was perfect for tapering at the shoulders once I chopped the waistband off. The whole thing took about 20 minutes.
Thanks for reading, and happy Hallowe'en!