Monday, January 30, 2017

Frankensweater

Valentine's Day is on the way, and I have the perfect refashion to get in the spirit! For this project, I took two red sweaters – one that was too wide and short, and one that was too narrow – and combined bits and pieces of them into a new tunic-length creation.

Before


After


My favorite part of the finished product is the dark red ends on the sleeves; they were an afterthought that I think ties the whole thing together.

On the other hand, I'm not happy with the waist and might try to clean it up in the future—after I've had a break from this project, which, thanks to all the mistakes and re-dos, took a full day of work.

Process photos can be found on my original blog post!

--The Unfashionista

3 comments:

Catherine1216 said...

This turned out darling. I've got to try this.

Chickie Walsh said...

So cute! Love it.
Chickie

cfortin said...

Nice refashion. I love the color combination.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab